ELITS Canada Inc. is a subsidiary to ELITS Consulting AB. ELITS is a culture-driven, IT company founded in 2006, with a major focus on the operation of IT environments. ELITS provides a global delivery model, with 24/7 commitments of managed services, packaged IT services and consulting. Through good industry knowledge, innovation, commitment and responsiveness, ELITS provides operations and monitoring around the clock – throughout the year – around the world. The company has 140+ employees and is present in multiple locations in Europe and North America. At ELITS we pride ourselves on our ability to communicate IT in a natural and straightforward way – Another Kind of IT. Communication is a very important part of the work since we work closely with our customers. As an employee at ELITS you will become a part of a great team who always responds to the customer with humility, and at the same time is very proud of what we deliver.
ELITS is now looking for an AWS Cloud Engineer for our operations in Toronto.
- Design, build and maintain data platform infrastructure on AWS environment with automation tools such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, Code pipeline, Code Build, Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Build continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD) pipelines to accelerate development and improve team agility
- Monitor & manage all aspects of system security, performance, storage, incidents, usage, backup and recovery – for databases, applications, and infrastructure on AWS
- Maintain and support Redshift Cluster and Schemas and business pipelines. Take ownership of the design, governance, performance tuning, capacity planning, data availability and operational aspects of the data solutions
- Develop appropriate instrumentation to collect metrics on system performance, cost, data ingress/egress /storage processes
- Work with information security and compliance teams in governing policies and procedures
- Have a clear understanding of the reports/analyses/insights to be driven by data and build data driven solutions to optimally support the operational analytics needs
- Coordinate infrastructure enhancements and maintenance with the system/network engineering teams
- Perform technology evaluations and testing to introduce new technologies to be adopted by the data platform team
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation to handle issues that occur outside of business hours
- At least 3 years of experience with building and maintaining distributed and high-performance production environments in large-scale consumer enterprises.
- Development and deployment experience with most if not all of the following components of AWS:
- Management - CloudWatch (Events/Logs), IAM, CloudTrail, EC2 Systems Manager and Splunk
- IaaS – EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, KMS, Config, SNS, SQS, SES, SWF, S3 and Glacier
- Data Management – DMS, Redshift, RDS, EMR, Data Bricks, AWS Batch, Airflow Managed Service, Glue Services and Lambda
- Other - Server Migration, Storage Gateway, CDN
- Very good hands-on experience with development and deployment of above infrastructure with automation tools Terraform and Cloud Formation
- Experience in designing and developing CI/CD pipelines with Bamboo, AWS code pipeline, code build & lambda
- Strong CS fundamentals, experience with one of the programming languages (Java, Python) and able to write pipelines for automation, metrics/data collection and system administration purposes
- Understanding of automation and orchestration platforms such as Airflow and AWS Step Functions.
- Ability to learn quickly and think outside of the box with excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Communicative and a positive attitude towards customers and colleagues
- Analytical skills, logical reasoning, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Sense of responsibility, autonomy and resourcefulness
- Team player, organized and strive for results and quality
- Creative with ideas to improve the product
- Ability to coordinate and handle more than one task at the same time
- Being proactive
Are you a social, flexible and structured person with great interest in information technology? Do you find development, constructing and use of the latest technologies challenging? In that case – send your application to us today!
This position is open to Canadian residents (persons with work permit in Canada).
Elits, Another kind of IT