ELITS Canada Inc. is a subsidiary to ELITS Consulting AB. ELITS is a culture-driven, IT company founded in 2006, with a major focus on the operation of IT environments. ELITS provides a global delivery model, with 24/7 commitments of managed services, packaged IT services and consulting. Through good industry knowledge, innovation, commitment and responsiveness, ELITS provides operations and monitoring around the clock – throughout the year – around the world. The company has 140+ employees and is present in multiple locations in Europe and North America. At ELITS we pride ourselves on our ability to communicate IT in a natural and straightforward way – Another Kind of IT. Communication is a very important part of the work since we work closely with our customers. As an employee at ELITS you will become a part of a great team who always responds to the customer with humility, and at the same time is very proud of what we deliver.
ELITS is now looking for a Network Leader for our operations in Toronto.
About this position:
As a Network Leader, you will be part of a network team and your main responsibilities are:
- Design and develop LAN/WAN architecture
- Prepare the contract performance analysis
- Take ownership for delivery of projects and change requests
- Independently handle delivery related queries
- Provide solutions for complex network issues
- Perform troubleshooting of complex network issues
- Act as an escalation point
- Ensure high availability of network by analyzing capacity and utilization of network
- Participate in complex network designs
- Review and consult network and design architecture
- Analyze optimization for complex/large networks
- Advise on Capacity Management, implementation support and provide consultation as per industry standards
- Analyze audit reports and suggest corrective actions
- Plan for implementation of corrective actions. Proactive involvement to keep quality parameters (SLA/KPIs) under target
- Ensure standard processes are adhered to
- Maintain project reports and critical documents
- Update configurations and tickets regularly as they are handled
- Provide technical guidance to team
- Conduct internal project related trainings
- Contribution to Knowledge Management from past experience, present learning and sharing thoughts with team/wider audience
- Good IP networks expertise
- Good knowledge of Information Systems security
- Installation, commissioning, optimization and life cycle management of: new and existing IP network components (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, ISIS, LDP, MPLS-VPN (Layer3)
- Excellent knowledge in IP, Ethernet, VLAN, L2/L3 Protocols and 802.1x standards
- Good knowledge in IPsec, GRE, NAT, IPv6
- Experienced with SSLVPN
- Deep understanding of IP networking protocols and technologies like TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, AAA, HTTP, LDAP, SNMP, NTP, FTP
- Basic knowledge of UNIX O/S (Solaris, Linux) and scripting (shell or Perl or Python)
- Deep hands-on hardware experience: installation and commissioning of Juniper switches (EX and QFX types)
- IP network monitoring and management tools (IPAM, NMS, etc...)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Value innovation, creativity, accountability, flexibility
- Willing to learn, upgrade technical skills, and share knowledge as part of a team
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering or another related field is required
- Work experience in ISP Network operations
Are you a social, flexible and structured person with great interest in information technology? Do you find development, constructing and use of the latest technologies challenging? In that case – send your application to us today!
This position is open to Canadian residents (persons with work permit in Canada).
Elits, Another kind of IT