ELITS Canada Inc. is a subsidiary to ELITS Consulting AB. ELITS is a culture-driven, IT company founded in 2006, with a major focus on the operation of IT environments. ELITS provides a global delivery model, with 24/7 commitments of managed services, packaged IT services and consulting. Through good industry knowledge, innovation, commitment and responsiveness, ELITS provides operations and monitoring around the clock – throughout the year – around the world. The company has 140+ employees and is present in multiple locations in Europe and North America. At ELITS we pride ourselves on our ability to communicate IT in a natural and straightforward way – Another Kind of IT. Communication is a very important part of the work since we work closely with our customers. As an employee at ELITS you will become a part of a great team who always responds to the customer with humility, and at the same time is very proud of what we deliver.
ELITS is now looking for a Leader of Product Support Engineers for our operations in Vancouver, BC.
About this position:
As the Lead Product Support Engineer, you will be a hands-on leader for the product support team that is responsible for customer satisfactions and successes. You will recruit, lead and mentor a team of product support engineers to resolve customer issues, develop support processes, and enhance product values.
The ideal candidate will have been served in a senior to principal level support engineer role in a B2B software product organization with a focus on maximizing customer value and satisfaction. You should have excellent troubleshooting, communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills. Being able to managing customer expectation, delivering solutions on time, and building an efficient team are the key for your success.
- Manage and lead a team of Support Engineers, with focus on team performance
- Provide feedback on an ongoing basis and coach engineers on improving communication skills, technical ability and speed of customer and internal deliverables
- Ensure your direct reports develop their professional skills through active participation in delivery events, training, mentoring and communities
- Adopt methodologies and tools for continuous process improvement
- Focus on customer satisfaction, technical proficiency, timeliness of support delivery and understanding customer needs around speed, quality and value
- Manage high priority escalations as appropriate. Respond to escalated customer cases in a timely manner, ensuring appropriate resources are assigned; engage directly with customers, account management, product development, and QA teams to ensure robust status communication and satisfactory resolution
- Figure out ways to "find the bug" utilizing top-notch troubleshooting techniques and all the tools and systems available within the R&D organization, and digging deep into code
- Develop documentation and training materials for the team, as well as for the customers
- BA/BS Degree in a technical discipline
- 3+ years prior management or related product/customer support leadership experience in technology companies with background in international trade, ocean and air shipping, and global freight forwarding
- Proficiency in SQL and Office tools
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Strong oral and written communication skills to influence others, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, and prioritize with sound judgement
- Change agent: natural at embracing change and lead people through ambiguity and transformation
- Strong ability to attract, develop and retain top talent
- Ability to set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviours required to achieve those goals
- Capability to supervise work, set the behavioural example and adjust strategies and tactics as necessary
- Qualified to maintain individual and team discipline, cohesiveness and morale
Are you a social, flexible and structured person with great interest in information technology? Do you find development, constructing and use of the latest technologies challenging? In that case – send your application to us today!
This position is open to Canadian residents (persons with work permit in Canada).
Elits, Another kind of IT