ELITS Canada Inc. is a subsidiary to ELITS Consulting AB. ELITS is a culture-driven, IT company founded in 2006, with a major focus on the operation of IT environments. ELITS provides a global delivery model, with 24/7 commitments of managed services, packaged IT services and consulting. Through good industry knowledge, innovation, commitment and responsiveness, ELITS provides operations and monitoring around the clock – throughout the year – around the world. The company has 140+ employees and is present in multiple locations in Europe and North America. At ELITS we pride ourselves on our ability to communicate IT in a natural and straightforward way – Another Kind of IT. Communication is a very important part of the work since we work closely with our customers. As an employee at ELITS you will become a part of a great team who always responds to the customer with humility, and at the same time is very proud of what we deliver.
ELITS is now looking for a Hadoop Administrator for our operations in Toronto.
Hadoop Admin Skills required to succeed in this role
- Post secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology based major
- At least 5+ years of hands on technical working experience in supporting, deploying, and interconnecting various technologies (e.g., Hadoop HDP/CDP, Linux servers, Kubernetes, compiling code, applications, libraries, monitoring, etc.) at an enterprise scale
- At least 3+ years of hands on technical working experience with general Operating System (OS) support on any Linux and/or flavour of Unix OS
- Familiar with DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts and tools and can apply them in your daily tasks to improve execution and quality of service
- Possess superior problem solving and decision making skills to resolve work issues with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Possess a strong core foundation experience in fundamental software deployment technologies via the use of shell scripting, Python and/or Java
- With strong communication (verbal/written) and good interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors
- Interest in technologies related with big data and large scale computing like Hadoop, Kubernetes and Linux clusters and is comfortable reading and sometimes writing code
- Canadian clearance Reliability status (protected)
- Open for shift and on call rotations.
- Communicative and a positive attitude towards customers and colleagues
- Analytical skills, logical reasoning, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Sense of responsibility, autonomy and resourcefulness
- Team player, organized and strive for results and quality
- Creative with ideas to improve the product
- Ability to coordinate and handle more than one task at the same time
- Being proactive
Are you a social, flexible and structured person with great interest in information technology? Do you find development, constructing and use of the latest technologies challenging? In that case – send your application to us today!
This position is open to Canadian residents (persons with work permit in Canada).
Elits, Another kind of IT