ELITS Canada Inc. is a subsidiary to ELITS Consulting AB. ELITS is a culture-driven, IT company founded in 2006, with a major focus on the operation of IT environments. ELITS provides a global delivery model, with 24/7 commitments of managed services, packaged IT services and consulting. Through good industry knowledge, innovation, commitment and responsiveness, ELITS provides operations and monitoring around the clock – throughout the year – around the world. The company has 140+ employees and is present in multiple locations in Europe and North America. At ELITS we pride ourselves on our ability to communicate IT in a natural and straightforward way – Another Kind of IT. Communication is a very important part of the work since we work closely with our customers. As an employee at ELITS you will become a part of a great team who always responds to the customer with humility, and at the same time is very proud of what we deliver.
ELITS is now looking for an Azure Cloud Engineer for our operations in Brampton.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and leadership to the team and other team members.
- System and application management in production and non-production environments.
- Full stack monitoring, alerting and troubleshooting including network, storage, OS, compute, services & applications.
- Monitor patches from vendors and apply pro-actively within the assigned environment
- Incident management including root cause analysis and remediation.
- Security and compliance management with centralized logging, threat analysis and remediation.
- Deploy monitoring and logging solutions, identifying issues proactively and mitigating them to improve the customer experience
- Proactive system analysis, tuning and optimization.
- Thorough understanding of Internet architectures;
- 5+ years’ System Administration experience in a large-scale, multi-OS (Linux/Windows), high-availability environments
- Develop reusable, scalable, and testable automation scripts and tools for routine and repetitive tasks
- Troubleshoot and expeditiously resolve escalated software and infrastructure related issues and challenges
- Explore and evaluate new and emerging software tools and technologies
- Act as a subject matter expert and advise customers on their Cloud platform roadmaps in conjunction with various project delivery teams
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft services and configuration: IIS, Active Directory & SQL Server
- 3+ years’ experience working with open-source Digital technologies such as Ansible and Terraform.
- 3+ years’ experience with cloud computing in a public cloud (Azure, AWS, Google, etc), utilizing and deploying items such as application gateways, load balancers, VPN-to-VPN connectivity, ExpressRoute/Direct Connect
- 1+ years’ experience with big data technologies: Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, Play / Akka, Oracle Golden Gate
- Experience setting up and regularly using monitoring, trending and logging tools (HP Operations Management, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Dynatrace, Sysdig, Azure OMS, AWS CloudWatch)
- Experience with revision control systems and usage for managing systems configuration: Git, SVN etc.
- Experience with managing, operating and monitoring backup systems
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; can configure SMB/NFS, key-based auth; DNS; familiar with basic networking concepts:
- switching, routing, OSI network layers, firewalls, load-balancing at various layers, SMTP, HTTP, SSL, SSH, AD, LDAP, VPN
- Understanding of programming and scripting languages (Bash, Python, Java, Ruby)
- Understanding of containerization & orchestration: Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes, auto-scaling and self-healing systems.
• Passion for emerging technologies and love keeping up with the latest technology trends.
• Customer centric, and realize the value of providing excellent customer service.
• Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams. Exceptional abilities at mentoring and engaging others, empowering teams and inspiring them to excellence
• Strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of users/management
• Strong organization skills, interpersonal skills and excellent attention to details
• Ability to understand and apply new technologies with a strong desire to learn and improve
• Ability to effectively prioritize, make decisions, solve problems and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to work independently and within a team on multiple simultaneous tasks within a challenging fast paced customer-oriented environment
Are you a social, flexible and structured person with great interest in information technology? Do you find development, constructing and use of the latest technologies challenging? In that case – send your application to us today! This position is open to Canadian residents (persons with work permit in Canada).
Elits, Another kind of IT