ELITS Canada Inc. is a subsidiary to ELITS Consulting AB. ELITS is a culture-driven, IT company founded in 2006, with a major focus on the operation of IT environments. ELITS provides a global delivery model, with 24/7 commitments of managed services, packaged IT services and consulting. Through good industry knowledge, innovation, commitment and responsiveness, ELITS provides operations and monitoring around the clock – throughout the year – around the world. The company has 140+ employees and is present in multiple locations in Europe and North America. At ELITS we pride ourselves on our ability to communicate IT in a natural and straightforward way – Another Kind of IT. Communication is a very important part of the work since we work closely with our customers. As an employee at ELITS you will become a part of a great team who always responds to the customer with humility, and at the same time is very proud of what we deliver.
ELITS is now looking for an DevOps Engineer for our operations in Ottawa.
As an DevOps Engineer, your main responsibilities are:
- Contribute to the creation of cost-effective solutions through activities in design, planning and deployment
- Develop and use pro-active measures to maintain a stable environment and optimizes as necessary
- Contribute to implementing continuous improvements by collecting users’ feedback
- Execute Root Cause Analysis (RCA) related to our supported Tools and services
- Have good understanding of ITIL process and should be very process oriented (Change Mgmt, Incident Mgmt, Problem Mgmt).
- Have good understanding of ISO-27000, and Information Systems security
- Have good understanding of IP networking protocols and technologies like TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, AAA, HTTP, LDAP, SNMP, NTP, FTP
- Have good knowledge of encrypted protocols like SSH, SFTP, HTTPS, LDAPS, DNS-SEC
- Linux/Unix administration and trouble shooting
- Network security standards and protocols (SSL, TLS, Data encryption etc)
- Container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Python programming
- Elasticsearch stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) knowledge is a benefit
- Source code management (Git)
- Database knowledge (ElasticSearch, MongoDB, etc)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Value innovation, creativity, accountability, flexibility
- Willing to learn, upgrade technical skills, and share knowledge as part of a team
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering or another related field is required
- Work experience in ISP Network operations
Are you a social, flexible and structured person with great interest in information technology? Do you find development, constructing and use of the latest technologies challenging? In that case – send your application to us today!
This position is open to Canadian residents (persons with work permit in Canada).
Elits, Another kind of IT